Subscribe to Open source
- Bee Con 2017 has just finished in sunny Zaragoza, Spain. For those who do not know Bee Con is the independent Alfresco developer conference organised by the Order of the Bee. The organisation dedicated to keeping Alfresco as a free to use open source platform.
- Join us here every month for our ten minute web talks showcasing Zaizi's solutions, including Alfresco add ons, technology integrations and document centric solutions for the enterprise
- In the last few weeks we have had the privilege to visit two great data events, the first one was #OpenDefra, the department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs “unconference,” a great showcase and networking event for people around government and data users.
- MICO is a European Union part-funded research project to provide cross-media analysis solutions for online multimedia producers. MICO will develop models, standards and software tools to jointly analyse, query and retrieve information out of connected and related media objects (text, image, audio, video, office documents) to provide better information extraction results for more relevant search and information discovery.
- In my previous blog, Applying Machine Learning for Smart Content Solutions, we emphasised the importance of applying machine learning techniques to organise content.
- So how do we cater for a complete test on every sprint or every release? We can use Selenium for Test Automation. When we use a continuous integration approach it would be helpful to use Selenium Grid. It allows you to run your tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel. Essentially, Selenium-Grid supports distributed test execution.
- Women in Machine Learning (WiML) is a technical workshop, which gives an opportunity for female machine learning researchers, such as research scientists and graduate students to meet, share ideas and learn interactively. The two day long WiML 2015 workshop included an NVIDIA deep learning tutorial, a Facebook Lean in circle event and a combination of invited talks as well as contributed talks by Female machine learning researchers.
- Technology is only one part of the delivery jigsaw puzzle, but it has a big role to play in helping to create modern local government. Open source in particular has a lot to offer. As a technology it's always skirted around the periphery, but I've got a feeling that is about to change.
- Local councils are under enormous pressure to simultaneously cut costs and deliver even more services in the face of long-term austerity. Bristol City Council, for example, is having to manage a portfolio of fourteen different change programmes simultaneously, out of necessity.