Subscribe to Data
- Be honest, how many times have you filled in a spreadsheet this week? A quick search on a well-known jobs site found me 1406 jobs matching ‘data entry’ and that’s before we include titles like finance or credit controllers, accounts payable and everything related to stock control. And don’t even get me started about the print and re-type rubber bands holding our NHS together.
- Process automation helps organisations speed up repetitive tasks but also enables them to measure performance and use the data to make informed decisions. That's the view of Paul Holmes-Higgin, the chief product officer of Flowable, the open source BPM (Business Process Management) provider.
- When it comes to conversations about automation, it’s typically the possibilities that technology has to offer which grab the headlines. Although it’s important for people to understand the kind of efficiency gains that robots or artificial intelligence can deliver for organisations, there are pre-requisites to consider beforehand to achieve those gains and that merits airtime as well.
- In order to affect real change, government bodies need to create demonstrably superior digital services that citizens or customers actually want to use and are will to engage with.
- AWS announced on the 13th of December 2016 the immediate availability of the new Europe (London) Region. The London Region joined Ireland and Frankfurt as AWS’s third European location, and provides customers with a new option for end users and applications benefiting from infrastructure located in Europe.
- GDPR is all about data. And if your data is broken, then so is your strategy. With the countdown now on, here are some key issues that central and local government organisations and authorities need to consider:
- Attending the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Summit in London earlier this month was an eye opening experience and provided a glimpse into how data can be ingested, stored and analysed in the most efficient way – not in the future, but today.
- In the last few weeks we have had the privilege to visit two great data events, the first one was #OpenDefra, the department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs “unconference,” a great showcase and networking event for people around government and data users.