Subscribe to Open source
- The GDS' updated Service Standard – initially introduced in 2014 to help government create and run user-led digital services – has now come into force. From 1 July, any new discovery work undertaken by government bodies needs to adhere to the new standards. At some point, services already in progress will transition to the updated standards but GDS says this is unlikely to happen before early 2020.
- Zaizi hosted a webinar looking at how local councils can use Digital Process Automation (DPA) to provide better services for residents against the backdrop of the constant funding challenges councils face.
- A few of our techies went to the international developer conference Alfresco DevCon 2019 in January, held this year in Edinburgh. It was an opportunity for Duncan, Fahiz and Mark to meet like-minded developers to share ideas and collaborate. Here they are with their thoughts and what they learned from the event:
- Our CEO and Founder Aingaran Pillai has written a piece for Digital Leaders on what public sector institutions need to prioritise in 2019 when it comes to digital transformation.
- The GDS Government Service Standard — formerly Digital Service Standard — helps government create and run, user-led digital services. As part of the government’s wider ‘Digital by Default’ drive, the service standard was introduced in 2014 and updated a year later to reduce the number of assessments from 26 to 18. You can find the list here.
- Government departments have already started their digital transformation projects but our recent survey suggests there are questions to be asked about the pace of that transformation
- Bee Con 2017 has just finished in sunny Zaragoza, Spain. For those who do not know Bee Con is the independent Alfresco developer conference organised by the Order of the Bee. The organisation dedicated to keeping Alfresco as a free to use open source platform.
- Join us here every month for our ten minute web talks showcasing Zaizi's solutions, including Alfresco add ons, technology integrations and document centric solutions for the enterprise
- In the last few weeks we have had the privilege to visit two great data events, the first one was #OpenDefra, the department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs “unconference,” a great showcase and networking event for people around government and data users.